What are articles?
Articles are where you will you write most of your businesses communications, everything from, policies procedures, how-to guides, new starter guides, tech troubleshooting, products, instructions, help articles, tips, and FAQ’s. You can categorise your articles into the categories you have created. See this article if you haven't created any yet.
How do I add a new article?
Whenever you want to add a new article to your knowledgebase you'll need to login to the admin then:
- Click on ‘Articles’ in the left side bar
- Click ‘Add New’ in the sub-category
- Enter title of the article item in the top bar
- Enter your article item content into the large box
- You can format your text and add links to your text with the tools in the bar at the top of the text box
- Add media such as images and videos using the ‘Add Media’ button above the box.
How do I add links to my article?
- You'll see a tab labeled links where you can add internal or external links
- For links select ‘Add Link’ in the tab
- Select ‘Internal Link’ to link to another article
- Title - enter title of the link
- Internal link - select article from the drop down menu which you would like it to link to. These are good for policies if you need to reference another policy in your article. E.g. you may need to reference sickness policy in your flexi-time policy.
- Select ‘External Link’ to link to something external
- Title - enter title of the link
- External link - Enter valid URL starting with https:// e.g. https://oplift.io
How do I add attachments to my article?
- For attachments select the ‘Attachments’ tab
- Title - enter the title of the attachment
- Click ‘Add File’ button upload from your previous media library or upload a new media.
How do I publish and share an article?
- Click the publish button on the right side once you’re ready to share!
- You can save a draft if you would like to come back to it, click the button on the right side of the screen
- You can choose a date that you want to publish, in the right box that says ‘publish’ select ‘edit’ where it says ‘publish immediately’ choose your date. This is good a feature if you want to write articles in advance and set the publish date in the future 👍
Additional configuration options for all types of articles
Acknowledgements - to make sure staff mark your article as read and understood. Learn more here.
Author - Select from the menu and choose which author you want to show up on the news post.
Categories/Tags - Articles needs to be added to a category. Use the drop down menu to select which category the article should belong to.
You can also add tags to the article, either by clicking into the box and selecting an existing one, or by clicking on the + symbol and add a new tag. You can add multiple tags to an article. Tags are useful to add to make searching for articles more efficient.
Comments and Reactions - you can choose if you want users to be able to comment and/or react to the articles.
Customise Article Preview - 150 characters to summarise your post when shown in lists. If you do not fill this in it will use the first 150 characters from your news post. Learn more here.
Expiry - You can archive your post at a certain time. You might want to do this if your post is time sensitive e.g. Christmas temp staff wanted and asking staff members to ask any friends or family, you may want to archive this post at the beginning of December to prevent any employees still sending candidate information when you have already filled all of the positions. - click the bar to say yes then choose a date from the calendar for when you want it archived.
Learn content - Please see this article for more information.
Recently updated - If you set this option to 'Yes', then every time the article is updated, it will show on the dashboard in the 'Recently updated' section under the banner. This is great if you have articles that are updated fairly regularly. The 4 most recently updated articles will show on the dashboard and there is a link to take the user to the full list of articles with this setting set to 'Yes'.
Who can view this? - With the options here you can target your article so that it only shows to the people it is relevant to. You can target articles based on location and/or role. When you target by location you can either target by location type or to specific locations.
You can select multiple location/location types and roles to target the article to.