What are report templates?
Reports let you capture data to give you an insight into your business and make smarter decisions.
A report can be specific to a person or a location. For example, you may want to create a report template called 'Employee Review' which contains insights relating to an employee's progress, such as, how well the employee carried out a particular task.
Alternatively, you may wish to create a report template relating to a location, for example, a Regional Manager carrying out a review on a store in their region. This report may contain insights such as cleanliness or if fire alarms have been tested. Another example could be reporting an incident that occurred at a particular store. You could use review to capture all the information about the incident.
How do I create a report template?
- In the admin select 'Reports' from the left side bar and select 'Report Templates' from the list of sub categories
- Select 'Add New'
- Enter a title, which will be displayed on the reports screen in the app
- Select the 'Report Template' drop down and a list of fields will be displayed
- What is this report about? - From the drop down list, select if your report is about a location, user, or just free text, which is not specific to either.
- If you select 'Location' then you need to select the location types your report applies too
- If you select 'User' then you will see an additional option where you can toggle yes or no if you would like the observee to be able to view the report
- How are actions assigned? - Toggle between 'Oplift User' or 'Free Text'. If you select 'Oplift User' then actions can only be assigned to users in the system. If you select 'Free text' then actions can be assigned to users in the system and not in the system
- Include URL to full report in email - Toggle between 'Yes' or 'No'. When you submit a report you can share the report via email. If you select 'Yes' this email will contain a URL to the report so that it can be easily viewed in Oplift, if the person has permission
- Include score in email - Toggle between 'Yes' or 'No' if you would like the score to be displayed in the email after submission
What are sections?
You can create multiple sections within a report which contain different insights. This helps to organise insights so they are quick and easy to find.
How do I create sections?
- Whilst adding a new report template you will see a 'Sections' section
- You need to create at least one section
- To add a section select 'Add Section'
- Select from the sub category whether your new section is a 'Notes' section, will contain 'Insights', or is a 'Previous Report'
- A 'Notes' section provides the reviewer with an area where they can enter free text, for example, anything that they feel hasn't been covered via an insight that they think needs to be mentioned.
- A 'Previous Report' section will display a read only view of a previous report. For example, a Regional Manager may be returning to a store to carry out a report and may want to check the previous scores for that particular report. For example, the score for cleanliness may have been poor previously, so they can check if the issue has improved or not in the new report.
- An 'Insights' section contains insights you have created. See this article to find out more about insights and how to create them
- Select an Insight from the drop down box and you can tick the box to mark it as required
- You can add as many insights as you wish using the 'Add Insight' button
- Include section in email - For each section you can choose whether you want it to be included in an email, if you choose to share the report
For each report template you can specify which roles can perform these reports as well as which roles can view them. For example, there might be some reports that can only be carried out by Regional Managers. There also may be some reports that you don't want everyone with access to review to be able to see, for example, you may want employee reviews to only be visible to managers and the observee.
How can I specify which roles can perform and view reports?
- Whilst adding a new report you will see a section on the right hand side called 'Permissions'
- In this section you will see two subsections 'Which roles can perform these reports?' and 'Which roles can view these reports?'
- You can tick the boxes of the roles you would like to view and perform reports or toggle all
- It is important to bear in mind that when you make changes to who can view or perform reports that the changes will apply to historic reports as well as future ones.