There are a few reasons that could prevent your staff from receiving notifications. Check these steps to help diagnose.
How notifications and alerts work
Oplift communicates with Apple and Google who then pass on the notifications to the devices. When our apps are used for the first time, their device sends us a token so we can send them messages.
An Internet connection is required to receive the notification, although notifications will be queued up and delivered when the connection is restored. Additionally, if a device is off when the notification is sent, it'll be delivered when it's next turned on.
Some VPNs / internal corporate networks can cause issues with push notifications, but this would affect all apps on device, not just Oplift.
1. Check Targeting Alerts
Make sure you're targeting the alerts to the correct group, you can target locations or regions, in which case those staff excluded wouldn't get the alert.
If you edit an Alert's targeting after sending, it won't send the alert again, so you'll need send a new Alert.
To check the targeting is correct, ask a user to see if they can see the alert on the Alerts tab on their device or desktop.
2. Alerts are sent, but push notifications aren't appearing
Once you've confirmed the messages appear on the Alerts tab, it may be that the specific staff member hasn't turned on notifications for our apps.
If your staff use Oplift on Corporate devices that are managed through an MDM (Mobile Device Management) then you may be able to turn on notifications for them. Please speak to your IT team about this.
If a specific staff member is having issue on their iPhone or iPad, follow these steps to turn on notifications.
To get notifications, connect to a Wi-Fi or mobile network. If you still don't get notifications for a specific app, try these steps:
- Make sure that the app supports notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and make sure that Allow Notifications is on.
- If you have notifications turned on for an app but you're not receiving alerts, you might not have Banners selected. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, then select Banners.
- Make sure that Do Not Disturb is off.
- If you’ve recently installed an app or restored from a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.
If a specific staff member is having issues on Android, follow these steps to turn on notifications. These may vary by Android device manufacturer.
Option 1: In your settings app
- Open your phone's settings app.
- Tap Apps and notifications Notifications.
- Under 'Recently sent', see apps that recently sent you notifications.
- You can turn off all notifications for a listed app. To pick specific categories of notifications, tap the app's name. To see more apps, tap See all from last 7 days. To sort by Most recent or Most frequent, tap them.
Tip: If you don't see 'Recently sent', you're using an older Android version. Instead, tap App notifications and tap an app. You can turn notifications, notification dots and notification categories on or off.
We don't currently support push notifications via the browser.
3. Still no luck?
Please speak to us via the live chat below, and let us know of a specific user and the alert you'd have expected them to receive so we can investigate.