What are banners?
Banners are a visual way of getting a communication out immediately, they are displayed on the Oplift dash under News. They can link to a news post, article, app or external link, users can scroll through them whenever and wherever they are. They are usually used for advertising company events, promotions, or news.
How do I add banners?
You can have a maximum of five banners on the platform at any time which should each measure 970px x 480px.
- Click ‘Banners’ in the left side bar
- In the sub-category click ‘All Banners'
- You will see there is an option called 'Home'. Select this option as this will ensure your banners appear on the dashboard
- Click 'Add Banner' to add a new banner to the 'Home' banner set.
- Image - click ‘Add Image’ upload form your computer or choose an existing image from your media gallery. The image size should ideally be 970px x 480px.
- Action type - select from the drop down menu, where you would like your banner to link to
- Article - link to another article in the platform select one from drop down menu
- News post - link to a news item in the platform select one from drop down menu
- App - link to an app in the platform select one from drop down menu
- External link - link to an external webpage write one in the external link box (including https://)
How can I change the order of my banners?
- To change the order of your banners select ‘All Banners’ under ‘Banners’ in the left side bar
- Select the 'Home' banner set
- Drag each banner to the position you would like it to be in
- Click the publish button on the right hand side once you’re ready to share!
- You can save a draft if you would like to come back to it, click the button on the right side of the screen.
How can I schedule the publish date for a banner?
- You can choose a date that you want to publish, in the right box that says ‘publish’
- Select ‘edit’ where it says ‘publish immediately’ choose your date. This is good for events e.g. schedule Christmas party banner for 15th November 🎅🎄