What are Insights?
There are four different types of insights in review
For Vibe, you move the slider towards red to represent a low score or green to represent a high score. For example, how does the mood seem in store today? You can add optional comments in the box and attach an image for additional proof.
This is what it says on the tin. You simply tap yes or no and you can add additional comments and an image if necessary. For example, has the shop floor been cleaned, yes or no?
This is useful if you want to have responses with controlled vocabulary, so you can provide a list of options for the reviewer to choose from. For example, how does the environment seem? Fresh, Clean, Stale, Chemical or Unpleasant?
Please note a score is not recorded for this type of insight.
This type of insight can be used to record a number, for example, you might want the reviewer to count the number of working iPads in a store.
Please note the value entered does not count towards the overall score.
This type of insight is used to record Key Performance Indicators. These are set in the admin as well as a target and value. For example, the sales revenue for a store.
Please note values will only count towards the score if a target has been set for the KPI.
How do I create Insights?
You can create insights in the admin
- Go to 'Review' on the left hand side bar and select 'Insights' from the sub category list
- Title - enter the title of your insight. This will be displayed on the insight tile in review
- Description - enter a description for your insight to help inform reviewers what they need to do in order to complete the insight. This will be displayed when the reviever taps on the insight
- Type - select the insight type from the dropdown list. The different types of insights have been explained above. Depending on which insight you select different options will appear
- The common field options to all insights are category and article link
- Category - select the category your insight belongs to. See this article to find out more about insight categories
- Article link - there might be a specific article on Engage that will help the reviewer with the insight which you may want to provide a link to
- Overall Score Weight - for 'Vibe', 'KPI' and 'Yes/No' insight types you can select an overall score weight. There might be some insights which you view as more important than others and so you may want to give that insight a higher weighting, so that it has more of a bearing on the overall score. For example, if you had two insights, one for how clean the sofas are in a store and another for if the marketing posters are on display, you could set the weighting of the second insight to 10 and the first insight to 5. Therefore the second insight would have double the impact on the overall score than the first insight.
- Is a higher or lower number better? - toggle between higher or lower depending on if a low or higher score is better for that KPI. For example, for complaints a score lower than the target would be better. See below to find out how you set targets for KPIs in the app
- Allow N\A answers - for the 'Yes/No' insight type you can select if you would like N'A to also be an option
- Require notes when user chooses... - for the 'Yes/No' insight type you can select of additional notes are required when either yes or no is selected
- When you have finished 'Save as draft' or 'Publish' 👍
How do I set targets for KPI's?
Reviewers can set targets for the KPI's in the app
- In the app tap and hold the KPI tile
- An option will appear to 'Set KPI target' and after selecting this you can enter a target.
- The target it will be displayed on the tile. Tap the tile to enter the actual KPI score