What are Oplift user and roles?
Everyone in your organisation who will be using Oplift, whether that be Engage, Review, Albert or Extend will need an account. Users are assigned to a role which will have predefined permissions. You have full control over which users will only be able to view content with the least privileges, to those who can view, edit and publish with the most privileges. See this article to learn more about permissions.
How do I add new users manually?
- Click ‘Users’ in the left side bar
- In the subcategories select ‘Add New’
- Username - this will be what they use to login and what is visible on the platform
- Enter email - this will be where their new account information will be sent to so it is important that is is correct
- Enter first name
- Enter last name
- Add website - N/A
- Create their password, press ‘Show password’ you can either use the automated password or create your own.
- Send user notification - to send the user an email notification about their new account tick the box ‘Send the new user an email about their account.’
- Select the role you would like that user to have from the drop down menu (See this article for more information about permissions)
- Standard - This role has the lowest level of privileges, these users can only view content
- Location supervisor - A person assigned to this role is usually in charge of people in a certain location and can edit content for them e.g. store manager in Brighton
- Account owner - This role has the most privileges and can do and see everything. This role should be assigned to very few people
- Role Override - This is only relevant if we set you up with automated import
- User can roam - This allows users to jump between different locations when using the apps. This is useful is an employee is on the move often
How do I add new users automatically?
It is possible, if you have a large number of users, to import the users manually. Please contact the Ocasta support team if you would like to chat to them about importing users automatically. [email protected] 🙂